No big anniversaries here. The blog is now nine months and three days old. Or 241 entries old. Depends on the perspective I guess.
So that was 2004. And it wasn’t a bad year by any count:
- Visited Japan for the first time (and intend to go back).
- Visited Boston for the first time (and intend to go back there as well ).
- Went to Vienna for Utah European
Alumni meeting and got volunteered to organize the next one in Helsinki this spring.
- Read many good books and comics.
- Gave up coding at work (and devolved into a project manager).
- Started looking for a decent therapy-project due to above.
- Saw Velvet Revolver, Metallica and Rammstein live.
- Introduced unsuspecting foreigners to joys of Nypykät.
- Got dumped twice (by some reckoning, and in decently mature fashion).
- Saw a lot of good movies: Collateral takes top honors.
- Started blogging.
- Bought my first ever CMX record.
- Was disappointed by several usually reliable authors (full exposure to follow).
- Went to Barcelona, saw lots of funky architecture by Gaudi, ate excellent paella and saw a football game with some 70000 other people.
- Bought fewer dvds and cds than last year. But the backlog of the fromer is still formidable.
- Was not tempted at all to use a readymade content management tool.
- Noted that I don’t recall having been to Tavastia the whole year.
Well, the last point ain’t going to be repeated, as a visit to see the 69 Eyes is lined up for today…
Any new year’s resolutions are firmly kept in the virtual strongbox.