Indeed, went ahead and bought new laptop. A 12″ iBook to be exact. Of the new generation (with a bigger disk, and slightly faster CPU). Of the generation that’s had some supply difficulties – so I’m not exactly in possession of the computer yet. But will, soonest. Or so they reassured me.
Why a mac?
Take your pick of the following, or mix together well in a blender before consumption.
- Had my fill of struggling against Windows in its various guises.
- Desired to try out whether OS X is worth its rep.
- Had my fill of struggling against Linux on desktop.
- Just plain wanted to try out something new.
- I like the design of the macs.
- Wanted a well-designed GUI with a proven CLI.
- Palm has had its day and been replaced with Moleskine.
- It isn’t going to be the primary computer of the house anyhow.
- You can use a multibutton mouse.
I think the nonsense-list of OS X apps will come in very handy.