Well, SAS called. The luggage is delayed. But will come in the 22-00 tour. Must. Stay. Awake.
Time to stand up and be counted in the meantime. And do yet another meme to pass the time.
Stole the translation from Janne. Haven’t seen the original.
YOUR OWN BLOG
0. How would you explain blogging/blogs to a friend who knows what Internet is, but not about blogs?
It’s my nook (or cranny) of the net, where I comment whatever I want. It’s personal, it’s done by me as a private person as opposed to a corporate who^W entity. It’s just me, nothing more, nothing less. And bad XHTML, let’s not forget that.
1. When did you start blogging?
Did experiment with the medium in the fall of 2002, but never published anything.
2. Why do you blog?
Many reasons, of which none really stands out.
Writing in english is fun, especially when it’s just informal convesationary english.
It’s occasionally therapeutic.
Way to stay in touch with friends.
Very occasional informational entries (I promise, the OLS2005 report will be completed, one day).
And world domination, you can’t really argue with that as a goal…
3. How often do you blog?
Aim to do daily. Often fail, often put in multiple entries on a single day.
4. Do you feel guilty, etc. if you don’t have the time to blog? Why?
5. Bloggaatko vai blogaatko, miksi?
This makes sense only in finnish. And yeah, with two g’s, please.
6. Which counter do you use? How many daily visitors (not page views) do you get on the average?
Sitemeter, the server hotel has its own stats as well. They usually agree on 15-30 visitors per day. Usually, sometimes the gap is disconcertingly big.
7. How many readers do you have according to blogilista.fi?
TWO! Make yourselves known, guys, and I’ll buy you a beer.
And yeah, that’s a pretty low number indeed. But I’d write about knitting or screwing if I was looking for higher numbers.
1. Do you read other blogs? If yes, why?
Usually due to the subject matter. Occasionally for the humor factor, intentional or not. Occasionally because I know the author, but that’s very occasional indeed. There may be other reasons, but these are the big ones.
2. When did you start reading blogs?
2002, I guess.
3. How many blogs do you have on your blogroll?
On blogilista.fi, the list has some 40 entries. Of which some don’t get read very often.
4. What kind of blogs do you most like to read?
Many. Technically insightful. Humorous. Opinionated (even when the opinions are wrong, if the reasoning is good).
5. What kind of blogs do you read the least?
Don’t know. Is there a definite categorization available somewhere?
6. Do you read blogs that you know to be irritating?
Some. But rarely. Either for the argumentation-value, or because the author is guaranteed to make himself look like an idiot on a regular basis. These two are not fully orthogonal.
7. Do you read mostly Finnish or foreign blogs?
More finnish. But the language ratio is pretty much 1:1. On an eight-mile-view.
8. Are the foreign blogs you follow similar to the Finnish ones?
Not really. Foreign blogs are usually way less personal.
9. How often do you read new blogs to find new favourites?
Occasionally. Either via links, or just random browsing.
1. Are you on the Finnish bloglist?
This blog is. None of the others are.
2. If it’s not, then why? Did you ask it not to be added?
One is a project blog at work, another is for information exchange in a very limited group of readers, and the last is pretty much on hiatus.
3. If it is, why is it there?
No better place to list it.
4. How often do you follow your blog’s ranking on top- or hot-lists?
Never. Based on previous year’s performance, it’s not going to end up on either.
5. What do you think / how do you feel, if your blog has gone up on top- or hotlists?
I don’t. See previous.
6. What do you think / how do you feel, if your blog has gone down on top- or hotlists?
I really don’t. See above.
7. Do you ever comment other blogs in their comment sections?
8. Which blog do you comment the most in?
That’d be Matti’s blog.
9. What kind of entries/matters do you comment the most?
Erm. There’s no pattern. Really.
10. Do you comment other blogs in your own blog? In which situations?
11. Do you feel that there’s an “inner circle” in the Finnish “blogoslavia?”
Not one but TWO: the knitter’s circle and the real cabal.
12. Do you feel like a part of an inner circle? Why / why not?
13. Do you go to blog meets? Why?
Thus far I haven’t, and it’s always been due to decent reasons: flu, jetlag, gig, you pick it. But that’s by no means a guarantee that I wouldn’t show my face in one.