Been a long time since the last.
- Top 10 bookstores of the world. Have visited two of the nine that are still open. City Lights in San Francisco multiple times.
- Wikipedia proves its worth again: a list of films ordered on the count of rudest english swear word. The Devil’s Rejects comes out on top with an amazing 5.13 f*cks per minute…
- Typographic Style Applied to the Web, continuing on Bringhurst’s classic book on the subject. Very much a work in progress, but interesting content thus far.
- A great spoof of Jakob Nielsen. Repurposing his classic “Frames are bad, mmmkay”-column for the AJAX-era.
- A selection of movie posters with colors rephrased appropriately. The Kubrick one is the best of the bunch, the others are kinda bland.
- Despair has its 2006 collection of demotivators available. The idea has been neatly retargeted on Linux distributions – with the prejudices played out well (debian’s elitism is snubbed in the bud, and you just gotta love the term “metric assload”).
- Cthulhu Plush Slippers.
- Misused metaphors. Haven’t used a single one, but a couple have been close calls.