This week Skrubu’s fiver concentrates on learning and new ideas.
1. Does school kill creativity?
Nope, but bad teachers just might.
2. When did you learn something completely new, what was the subject and what kind of ideas did that provoke?
It’s been a good while since anything “completely new”, I’d say. Good enough not to be able to think up anything meaningful right now.
3. Do you actively seek new things to learn?
Yes. Being naturally inclined to besserwisserism, interesting factoids tend to be picked up whenever available.
4. Can a person ever be too old to learn new things?
Nope, age doesn’t matter.
5. In your opinion: who ought to learn something right now, and what would that be?
George W. Learning humility to acknowledge the persian quagmire would be a good first step.