As usual, the new year’s day is the traditional day for a retrospective over the year that just passed.
Quite a few things, and very much on the positive side:
- Started in Hesari as a game critic (and got two reviews published).
- Endured variable finnish/german territorial pissings at work.
- Gave an hour-long presentation in the annual Red Hat Summit in San Diego.
- Guns n’ Roses Chinese Democracy wasn’t released.
- Was assimilated into facebook, like so many others
- Wrote 720 entries into this very blog (and failed to resurrect fishblog, once again).
- Got a new mac, and have been happy with it.
- Didn’t write a single line of production code, and very little therapy code.
- Visited two new countries: Belgium and Mexico.
- Took far too few photographs, but managed to enter photo thursday almost every week the challenge was run.
- Sports-wise the biggest news was Teemu Selänne finally getting the cup in the summer (and then going AWOL from Ducks).
- Visited the annual Utah European Alumni Meeting in ‘s-Hertogenbosch
- Moleskine use decreased considerably, though at work the black notebooks get a lot more mileage.
- Got inspired by the arrival of many new interesting software platforms, but apart from a tiny widget, didn’t really get to work on any of them.
- Endured the loss of three regularly read newspapers/magazines: Presso, Business2.0 and Taloussanomat.
- Read a lot of books, some of them for many months. Parallelism is the key.
- Saw Rush for the first time.
- Attended Tuska for the first time. Skipped the bargain-priced Black Crusade on account of a busy week.
- Got really lazy geo-caching. Only two finds in Netherlands, zero in Belgium and Mexico. Still a few unclaimed ones.
- Failed to see Bengtskär for the nth year in a row, but got closer than ever before.
- Found no slovenian euro coins.
- Was quite impressed by the size and speed of hummingbirds.
- Started using librarything.
Not linked, the archives are functional, and locating the corresponding entries is left as an exercise to the reader.