Irregular bout of appreciation to the wonders of wikipedia sighted recently:
- Simple english wikipedia was a gift from xkcd the other day. The effort to render complex concepts into form understandable by laypersons is probably much much harder than it seems.
- Unusual software bugs (mostly named after scientists famous for their counterintuitive theories).
- The stippled portraits made famous by Wall Street Journal are known as hedcuts.
- A canonical listing of model railroad scales.
- Every once in a while the domestic wikipedia exceeds the depth of the big original. The article on late Cliff Burton is one such.