This week’s task in Movie Monday is to assemble a team to defend the Earth.
I kept the selection limited to contemporary and non-supernatural individuals – the likes of Superman would make things too easy.
- First of all, I would employ Keyser Söze/Kevin Spacey to scare and intimdate the invaders.
- Jude Law/Vassili Zaitsev would take care of eliminating the leaders from afar (though Simo Häyhä would be an even better choice, I couldn’t find a movie about the greatest sniper ever).
- Snake Plissken/Kurt Russel would be the best all-around guy – getting things done, no matter what the opposition is.
- To use whichever weapons are available or improvised, there’s no better man than John Matrix/Arnold Schwarzenegger. And he’s also very good with one-liners. In times of war the importance of overly macho one-liners can never be underestimated.
- And finally, any character played by Rob Schneider, mainly because the war needs disposable decoys.
Movie Monday #43: The Team.